So You Need CEU Credits?
We all need CEU credits; right? First you have to check your NCRA transcript to find out how many you already have accrued. Next, you need to take some courses and/or attend events to get those credits up there!
How To View Your CEU Credits
Go to http://www.ncraonline.org/. On the front page, under Member Services, there is a link called Check your CEUs. If you are not logged in to the NCRA website, then it will prompt you to provide your User Name and Password. (If you're not a NCRA member, sign up here!)
Once logged in, you'll arrive at the CEU Transcripts page. A helpful description of Cycle vs. Full Transcripts is provided: The Cycle Transcript displays only the credits earned in your current cycle. The Full Transcript displays the tests you've taken in the last three years.
Partial List of My CEUs
- 5/17/2008 DRA051708-Core Curriculum Module 1 0.4 CEU
- 7/25/2008 ANA05-Premier Session-From Better to Best-Taking It to the Next Level 0.15 CEU
- 10/4/2008 DRA2008D-CSR's Guide to the Best Tech Gadgets 0.15 CEU
- 10/4/2008 DRA2008C-Word for Windows 0.15 CEU
- 10/4/2008 DRA2008E-Serrano vs Coast Court Rptrs. 0.15 CEU
- 10/4/2008 DRA2008B-Windows for Reporters 0.15 CEU
I was calling the Nevada Court Reporters Board yesterday to find out what they accept as far as CEUs. Remember, to be a registered firm in Nevada, you have to acquire 15 credits every two years. If you do the math on my CEUs above, the total is only 1.15 credits. You can imagine my anxiety then considering I thought I was a long, long way off from the 15 required by Nevada. So I placed a call to them and thankfully, they consider each hour as a credit. In other words for my 1.15 NCRA CEU credits, Nevada gives me 11.5 hours worth! I'm not that far off after all. (Just move the decimal point to the right one digit to calculate yours!)
Other Ways To Earn CEU Credits
While speaking with the Nevada Board, I picked her brain for other methods to earn credits. Lots of options:
- Stenograph offers education courses. I picked their Windows Vista for Busy People at $139.95 for 1.0 CEUs
- You can take a CPR course through a community college
- Clara Casey offers Nevada Law Credits for $40.00 for 4 hours. Her number is 702-277-8910. (I ordered it yesterday)
- You can take a foreign language class
Hope that helps you get some credits if you need them!
Friday, January 9, 2009