Atlanta Court Reporters, Do We Have a Job For You!
Recently the Douglas Judicial Circuit sent around a job announcement and I thought I'd pass it along.
Who: Douglas Judicial Circuit, Douglasville, GA
Where: 26 minutes from west downtown Atlanta.
What: Be responsible for making a verbatim record of criminal and civil proceedings and other matters.
How much money? Sorry, the flyer doesn't say.
What is the nature of this Atlanta court reporting work?
- Accurately records, transcribes and certifies the record of court and jury trial proceedings for a large number of criminal and civil matters;
- Prepares and produce official transcripts and related documents within the required time limitations;
- Ability to work well under pressure.
What will qualify you for this work?
- Requires a Georgia certificate and four years of court reporting experience in other courts or in the freelance field of service or a combination thereof.
- Five years of court reporting experience as an official court reporter;
- Holds the certificate designation of a Registered Professional Reporter or a Certified Verbatim Reporter.
Sounds good, want to apply?
Interested applicants must submit a letter of interest and resume to:
The Honorable David T. Emerson
Attn: Official Court Reporter/Independent Contractor Job Opening
Douglas Judicial Circuit
Douglas County Courthouse
8700 Hospital Drive
Douglasville, GA 30134
(770) 920-7377 fax
Thursday, October 01, 2009