Want To Be An Official Court Reporter in Los Angeles?
Ever wanted to know what it takes to get hired by the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles as an official court reporter? I just received their latest flyer outlining the qualifications required to secure this job. You may submit an interest card online at www.lasuperiorcourt.org prior to the job bulletin posting tentatively scheduled for June 6, 2008. In other words, the job is not yet officially posted, but until then, head over to their website to put your name on the list.
Here is some information you might find interesting about this position:
- There is NO machine test
- You will NOT be asked to read your notes back
- There is an English/Proofreading test
- Current annual salary = $76,049.40
- Everybody gets a raise effective July 1, 2008 - $78,330.60
- After five years of employment, your salary will be $89,485.08
- If you are Realtime certified, add another 5.5% to your base
- If you are a CRR, add another 2.75% to your base
- They have a generous benefits package that includes paid vacation and sick time, health care benefits, 13 paid holidays, paid training, and retirement
Again, the tentative date for job bulletin posting online is June 6, 2008. Visit their website.
The court reporter employment test is tentatively scheduled for July 19, 2008. For more information regarding this career opportunity, call Rose Hernandez or Blanca Aguilar at 213-974-5403.
Thursday, June 5, 2008